When proposing, sometimes words fail. You may have 1,00,000 thoughts running in your head that you want to share with your beloved, but deciding exactly what to say while proposing might feel nearly impossible. Just in case you are worried about tripping over your words during the proposal then it’s a good idea to jot down a love letter or speech beforehand. You can take some inspiration from romantic movies also.
If you are confused in choosing the proper words to speak during your proposal, get inspired by one of these super-romantic quotes from famous English movies and tv shows.
Here is a list of the most romantic quotes from movies and tv shows.
- The Office: “When you’re a child you assume your parents are soulmates. My kids are gonna be right that.”
- One Tree Hill: “When all my dreams come true, the one I would like next to me is you.”
- 50 First Dates: “I love you very much probably more than anybody could love another person.”
- Sense and Sensibility: “My heart is, and always will be, yours.”
- Love Actually: “To me, you are perfect.”
- A Walk to Remember: “Our love is like the wind. I can’t see it, but I can feel it.”
- The Princess Bride: “This is true love – you think that this happens every day?”
- Big Gun: “They say once you meet the love of your life, time stops and that’s true.”
- Sleepless in Seattle: “It was a million tiny little things, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together, and I knew it.
- Moulin Rouge: “The greatest thing you’ll ever love is just to love and be loved reciprocally.”
- Friends: “You are my family.”
- The Vow: “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.”
- The O.C.: “It’s fate. It’s destiny. We both like burritos.”
- Parks and Recreation: “I love you & I like you.”
- Ever After: “I know that a life without love is not any life.”
- The Mindy Project: “You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”
- The Marriage Singer: “All I would like to try to do is get older with you.”
- Grey’s Anatomy: “I promise to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you me.”
- The Office: “I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl who I worked with, but I think even then I knew that I was expecting my wife.”
- Friends: “It’s always been you.”
- Dawson’s Creek: “You and I are meant to be together.”
- The Notebook: “So it’s not going to be easy. It’s getting to be really hard; we’re gonna need to work on this a day, but I would like to try to do that because I like you. I want all of you, forever, every day. You and me, every day.”
- Notting Hill: “I’m also just a woman standing ahead of a boy asking him to like her.”
- When Harry Met Sally: “When you realize that you would like to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you would like the rest of your life to start out as soon as possible.”
- How I Met Your Mother: “Love doesn’t make sense! I mean, you can’t logic your way in or out of it. Love is totally non-sensical. But we have to keep doing it, or else we’re lost, and love is dead, and humanity just packed in.”
Whether you choose to use these quotes directly or rephrase them, they will definitely create the right vibe making it easy for you to ask the question. And if you are still not sure about what to say while proposing then let some romantic music do the talk.