The best way to make someone happy on their special day is by baking a cake for them at home. Your effort and time will make them smile in seconds. So follow these 10 simple steps to make a soft and sweet vanilla cake.
What you’ll need; Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1/4th cup softened butter
- 2 tbsp sour curd
- 1/3rd cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
What to do; Steps:
- In a medium-sized bowl, sieve plain flour and baking powder. Once done, keep aside.
- Now, take another medium-sized bowl and transfer curd into it. Also, add baking soda, mix well and keep aside.
- Take another large-sized bowl and transfer sugar into it. Now add butter and mix properly. Add some warm milk or water to it, the consistency should be smooth.
- Once done, transfer the sieved flour and curd mixture into the butter bowl. Add vanilla essence and whisk the mixture for 2 minutes on low speed using a whisker.
- Then, grease a shallow microwave-safe dish with some softened butter using a brush.
- Pour the batter into the greased dish and microwave it on high mode for around 2-3 minutes.
- Your vanilla sponge cake should be ready, if not set the timer for another 20/30 seconds depending on how it looks like.
- After this, remove the dish from the microwave and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- To unmould, carefully loosen the edges using a butter knife and transfer it to an air-tight container.
- If you wish to decorate then do it using gems and colourful sprinkles.
Try your hand on this Vanilla Sponge cake recipe next time you want to surprise someone with a personal effort. This is the simplest eggless microwave cake recipe. You can even make this cake for kids on a Sunday. And if this all feels tough, order a cake and enjoy the moment.