Does your partner like having cakes and pastries? If yes, surprise them with a handmade pull-me-up cake on some special day. Prepare it by yourself on their birthday, anniversary or Valentine’s Day and see how happy they get! So, the idea is to make a chocolate pull-me-up cake at home for your beloved and here is the simple recipe.
What you’ll need
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 64 grams butter
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp milk
- 124 grams chocolate
- 1 dsp(dessertspoon) powdered sugar
Ingredients for Ganache Icing Sauce:
- 100 grams chilled cream
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 dsp powdered sugar
- 1 drop of vanilla essence
- Few roasted cashews(crushed)
What to do
Steps for making a Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree celsius.
- Take a large-sized glass bowl and add chocolate to it.
- Now, add butter and milk to it. Microwave it until the mixture melts and then mix properly.
- Then add condensed milk, flour, cocoa powder and powdered sugar to the bowl.
- Mix well, the batter should have a smooth consistency. Pour a little bit of milk if required.
- Grease a small sized circle shaped baking tin with some butter and a little bit of dry flour.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into it and place the tin in the preheated oven for 10/15 minutes.
- Using a fork, check if the cake is ready. If done, keep it aside and let it cool.
Steps for making Ganache Icing Sauce:
- In a medium-sized bowl add chilled cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla essence.
- Mix them all together slowly using a hand blender/whisker.
- The mixture should not be very thick. Once done preparing, place in refrigerator.
Steps for Assembling the Pull-Me-Up Cake:
- Demould the cake from the tin carefully and keep it on a flat platter or plate.
- Using a cake cutting knife, take out 1 or 2 layers from the cake depending on the thickness of the cake and keep them aside for a while. You will need at least 2 layers in total.
- Now, take a plastic sheet and make a boundary wall around the base layer. Seal the edges with transparent tape.
- Slowly pour the prepared ganache icing sauce and spread it evenly over the base layer.
- Then, place the 2nd layer of the cake over the spread.
- Lastly, pour some more ganache icing sauce over the 2nd layer of cake and spread it properly. Repeat the process if you have more layers of cake and icing left.
- Once done, garnish the cake with crushed cashews and your pull-me-up cake is ready.
- Decorate the cake using ribbons.
- Place in refrigerator till you serve.
- You just have to pull the sheet up to enjoy the taste.
The same recipe can be followed to make a pull-me-up cake in any flavour of your choice. You can even mix 2 flavours of your choice while layering. Just prepare the ganache icing sauce accordingly to enjoy different flavours.